Friday, October 4, 2019

Week 1 Photo-J Forum



1.  Hey, I'm Georgia. I am a Journalism and Mass Communication Major, AAOT Student.
I've been in and our of LBCC since high-school at CHS. Currently I work with Equilibrium Painting which is a new, small green business based out of Corvallis. We paint interior and exteriors of commercial and residential buildings all around the Willamette Valley.

I used to have my sights set on running a screen-printing and up-cycle clothing business, which i'd still like to do, however I've been turning my interests and time more towards horticulture and the ability to teach in middle-schools and high-schools.


2.  My goals for this class are focused on:

  • Getting more comfortable in actually photographing people not just interviewing them 
  • Become more proficient in changing camera settings while in action
  • Practice and discover my niche and get more comfortable in sharing my work with the "world"

3. So with this assignment I discovered that I am much more comfortable in approaching the people and interviewing them, but not so smooth when it comes to getting clear, natural shots. 
Both of my subjects were really easy going however, and I felt like they were actually charmed that I had asked them to participate, which is something I think we can use to our advantage. Who doesn't like being featured, right? 

The way I approached this assignment with my subjects, Jordann Bentz and Heidi Herring, was pretty natural- sort of like an opportunistic situation. I had been getting some supplies in the LBCC bookstore and decided to take the leap, and Heidi is my Biology instructor. From there I did one of the interviews on the spot followed by pictures, and then with the other I set up a time to come in and do it. With Heidi's interview I tried to get more action shots, but the lighting wasn't super great in the back room where we have the animals. 

I think my final product turned out pretty decent for it being the first time I've really used my camera in this setting for a few years, so I am pleased with the turnout and the room for growth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment